Things, which are Makrooh for a Person Observing Fast
1666. Certain things are Makrooh for a person observing fast, some of them are as follows:
- Using eye drops and applying kohl (Surma), if its taste or smell reaches the throat.
- Performing an act, which causes weakness, like bloodletting (extracting the blood from the body) or going for hot bath.
- Inhaling a snuff if one is not aware that it might reach the throat; and if one is aware that it will reach the throat its use is not permissible.
- Smelling fragrant herbs.
- For a woman, to sit in the water.
- Using suppository.
- Wetting the dress, which one is wearing.
- Getting a tooth extracted or doing something as a result of which there is bleeding in the mouth
- Cleaning the teeth with a wet stick (Miswaak).
- Putting water or any other liquid in the mouth without a good cause.
- It is also Makrooh for a fasting person to court or woo his wife without the intention of ejaculation; or to do something, which excites him sexually. Moreover, if he does it with the intention of ejaculation, his fast will become void.