The timings of daily Nafilah prayers
776. The Nafilah for Zuhr is offered before Zuhr prayers. Its Prime time is from the commencement of the time of Zuhr, up to the time when the shadow of indicator equals 2/7th of its length. For example, if an indicator is 7 yards long, and the shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would end, however, he can offer Nafilah for Zuhr with the Niyyat of ‘Ada any time before Zuhr prayer till the end of the time, similarly, he can offer Nafilah for ‘Asr before ‘Asr prayer till the sunset.
777. The ‘Asr Nafilah are offered before ‘Asr prayers, and its Prime time is till the moment when the shadow of an indicator appearing after Zuhr, reaches of 4/7th of its length.
In case a person wishes to offer Zuhr Nafilah after Zuhr prayers and ‘Asr Nafilah after ‘Asr prayers, as per obligatory precaution, he will not make Niyyat of ‘Ada or Qadha and will offer his Nafilah with the intention of complying with the will of Almighty Allah.
778. The Maghrib Nafilah should be offered after Maghrib prayers, till the redness in the western sky disappears after sunset. However, it is possible that it can be offer anytime till the end of time (before ‘Isha prayers).
779. The time for ‘Isha Nafilah is from the completion of ‘Isha prayers till midnight. It is better to offer it immediately, after ‘Isha prayers.
780. The Fajr Nafilah is offered before the Fajr prayers, and its time commences with the first dawn till redness is seen in the eastern sky, and signs of first dawn have already been mentioned earlier; it is possible to offer Fajr Nafilah immediately after Nafilahs of Namaz – e – Shab.
781. The time for Namaz – e – Shab is from midnight till Adhaan for Fajr prayers, and it is better to offer it nearer the time of Fajr prayers.
782. A traveler, and a person who finds it difficult to offer Namaz – e – Shab after midnight, can offer it before midnight.